Monday, February 27, 2012

weird

I will just say this:

I was just watching the next-to-last episode of The Bachelor. Not sure how I got sucked in to this season, but it happened. It’s such a surreal combination of appalling and intriguing that I can’t utterly write it off, even though I probably ought to. Unquestionably, the producers don’t care about the appalling, as long as they can ratchet up the intriguing.

But anyway, after tonight’s episode I walked away wondering why, at this juncture, any more humans would subject themselves to such an absurdo-tragedy. Too crazy, too awful, and glad it’s not me.

Then I remembered that my husband of 27 years doesn’t reliably know who I am. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t known who I am for 3 days, and may never again realize that I’m the person he’s been married to for a quarter-century plus. Speaking of surreal absurdo-tragedies. Pretty silly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have faith.

Ellen said...

Nevertheless, we now have to root for Lindsay.

Emily said...

Today I am Emily Gillespie. Not bad.