Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Train 2

It is a rule of this trip that I may feel however I feel. Not that a rule outlawing that would change anything, but I mean I won’t try to talk myself out of a mood. Unless I feel like it.

Rob, the car attendant, made tea in the coffee machine. I guess he figured he had a 90% Brit population, and it might go over. I did not avail myself until after dinner, then I got a little, thinking it would be coffee. It was still tea. Maybe more accurately, teacoffee, since it was brewed in a coffee percolator, and is not completely free of coffeeness.

Meanwhile, I smuggled the unused half of my bottle of Woodbridge merlot out of the Crescent dining car. I don’t know if they have a problem with open carry in Louisiana, or on Amtrak, but I smuggled it nonetheless. Even though I really want white, so as to limit headache triggers, but they were out of white in the dining car.

Oh yes, as for moods which aren’t to be disallowed: I’m tired and I didn’t like my dinner of overly microwaved vegetables all that much. The sun is setting over MizSIPee. It will be dark when we get to NOLA in an hour and a half. I hope there will be plenty of United taxis, so I don’t have to call one. I did not sleep so super well. Not terrible, but not super well.

Not that I was thinking I could when I left home yesterday afternoon, but Jeff’s days on a train are over for sure. In the mix of not-disallowed feelings is the one where I’m very glad I’m not trying to manage him on the train right now.

4 comments:

jcapo3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jcapo3 said...

Glad you were able to get away. Ditto on the wine smuggling. Hope you have a safe & wonderful trip.

George Mahserjian (jcapo3 on Alzspouse)

Look me up on facebook......I sent you a friend request a few weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

Living life again.

This and That said...

Emily, I am glad you are having this trip and going forward with your life. I look forward to your blogs and postings on Facebook.
(((((HUGS))))). lmohr