Monday, April 16, 2007

It helps. I think. (maybe)

I’m trying to write, but the words don’t flow. They more like splutter out in a barely usable mess, as if from an almost-empty shampoo bottle. For want of a back up supply, I keep banging that upside-down bottle, to get the dregs out. I have my story, and it wants to be told--but for fear of failure, or ADD, or constant supply of more pressing needs--it is being coughed out in fractured bits. Oh heck...that’s better than nothing.

Jeff is rambling around with an iPod in his pocket, and earbuds in his ears. I was unaccountably enraged when he came home from his sax lesson Saturday with Sinatra, The Beatles, and all the jazz eradicated by Lou the music teacher in favor of healing words from Andrew Weil. Not that I have a problem with Andrew Weil or healing words, but after the iPod inexplicably decided to start communicating exclusively in Korean, and I got it to cut that the heck out, I was unthrilled to find that a day’s worth of downloads had been nuked. So I nuked right back. Jeff was characteristically willing to let others decide what he should listen to, and I decided with him in mind, but I’ll be danged if that iPod’s ever going back to Lou’s house.

Here’s what you get when you read the drug information for Namenda, paraphrased: How it works: We don’t really know but Frankie in the mailroom says that it has to do with Froggy plucking his magic twanger. When to use it: Late in the game. Unless you decide to use it in the middle of the game. OTOH, you might use it early in the game. How to tell if it even is working: It might be, if one of the following is true--a)you feel better. b)you feel the same. (because you might have felt worse.) c)you feel worse. (because you might have felt even worse than worse.) If one of these is true, you can assume it’s working even though statistics suggest it doesn’t work for everyone. How we derive our statistics: We rrlllllm diczzzz. WHAT? I said we assxk rrrrdggg. WHAT? Um. We ask Frankie.

Seriously. That’s actually more info than you really get. In spite of which I think it helps some in our case.

No comments: