Friday, November 13, 2009

maybe?

Weirdness. I’m actually looking, with potential interest, at a service called “Comfort Zone,” currently being promoted on the latest Alz. Assoc. email. Makes your AD person (who, of course, has to have the transmitter on him) trackable online via GPS and a mapping site.

Not that my person wanders off. As of presently, this has not been a problem. But I’m interested in the technology’s potential to be employed in “travel” mode, when--should we become separated in a place other than our hometown--I could googlemap him.

Well...let’s see if a) Gabe has a situation for next Fall, and (if “a” is true,) b) it actually appears that we may accomplish travel. Other than to a college dorm and back. There are also “safe return” bracelets, which are imprinted with info needed to contact a nerve center, whence the responsible party may be contacted. I never did this with my kids. (didn’t exist.) Well, we’ll see...

No comments: