Friday, June 15, 2007

this feels like a yes

I think we’ll be participating in Phase I of the trial for Merck’s kinder and gentler so maybe you won’t die of encephalitis new version of an anti amyloid plaque Alzheimer’s vaccine. I have no reason to get excited about this. I have no reason to assume we’d even be among the 80% who get the vaccine at some strength versus the placebo. I have no reason to keep using the word “we” since they aren’t going to be sticking anything in me. But I am going to be the one navigating D.C. traffic to get to Georgetown University 17 times over the next 3 years. This may not happen. There may be a reason we’re unsuitable. And I’m keeping this in mind: It is a mission. The primary reason is to advance the research which will, somewhere down the pike, help my children just in case there is any sort of genetic proclivity involved here. And other people’s children. The secondary reason can be some good lunches in Georgetown.

No comments: