Thursday, June 14, 2007

grab bag. and just as valuable.

I sure wish my emotional wagon weren’t so tightly hitched to how Jeff’s doing from one week to the next. Disengagement by choice. Wouldn’t that be a handy tool to pull out of one’s pocket when needed? I guess. But at this point we’ve tripped the inseparability clause. Too late. Relationship tenure.

A fly’s been zipping around the kitchen for roughly 4 days. Always where it can annoy you, but never where you could open the door for it. I’ve taken to saying, in my best Biff Tannen voice, “McFly! I thought I told you never to come in here!"

Rachel is back from the world of Poison Dart frogs in Bocas del Draga, Panama. We have enjoyed a brief powerpoint which she compiled to show the other students at the estación what all the frog data is designed to determine. One more in my series of digital cameras is donated to a fine cause.

Clement Hardware won the best hardware store category in the What’s Up Annapolis “best of” awards. Which meant that Jeff and I got to elbow our way through a multitude of people at the Loew’s Annapolis Hotel to nosh on samplings from another multitude of area restaurants. Actually, I did the elbowing in both directions as I’d make my way to the crab cakes, then work my way back to Jeff who’d be looking around to see where I’d gone. Then I’d say “ice cream--thataway,” and nudge him toward the mint chocolate chip samples. Easy to fill up, all in all. The chocolate soup was easily the best thing.

No comments: