Thursday, January 19, 2012

drinking to that...

Tonight Jeff was feeling a little celebratory. This was later, after he threw the Princeton Review LSAT book on the floor. I asked him if he also wanted to stomp on it, and he almost did.

These events were precipitated by Jeff's frustration that he could make no sense of the book. I knew this, and I suppose I was trying to, sort of, force the issue to a closing point by buying that book. As of today, it seems to have worked, relatively painlessly (except from the pov of the almost-stomped book.)

I tried to help, which was part of the plan. We sat down and tried a practice test. If a veterinarian must transport animals, using 4 cages, each of which has an upper and lower berth, and there will be 3 male animal (none of which can share a cage with another male,) and upper berths #1 and #2 will be occupied by females, then which of the following statements (A through E) cannot be true?

The correct answer was F: How does this apply to real life? This is stupid. I'm going celebrate. (Why?, I ask.) Because I don't have to take the LSAT.


And then somewhere, either just before or after the last paragraph happened, the Princeton Review LSAT book got thrown on the floor.

I picked it up. I haven't thrown it in the recycling bin yet. Later, maybe, we'll line the upper and lower berths of cages 1 through 4 with its pages.

No comments: