Sunday, February 21, 2010

kick in the pants

What I wish I had is a more outgoing personality type. I certainly like people--there's no question--but I like them on a very lateral basis. I must've been one of those little kids who played alongside other children, rather than with them.

All this is in recognition of my need to grapple with the #1 obstacle between me and a peaceful relationship with this house: Engage the Handyman!

So, yeah...I'll DO it! I'm going to do it. This week. I will call. (Why do I hate calling people?)

No doubt the water dripping through the kitchen ceiling this morning put the spark to my plug. (Incorrectly tiled bathroom floor--it's item #1 on page #2 of my "Maintenance Needs" notebook.)

Yeah, don't worry about it, I completely agree. The whining was getting on my nerves too.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I hate calling too. I especially hate calling babysitters. If they can't come, it feels like a personal rejection. Maybe handymen are the same.

Emily said...

That's why I never called babysitters. Really. I got through the rearing of 4 small children without once engaging a babysitter other than a grandparent or Katherine.