Sunday, October 26, 2008

What would Flower say?

I’ve got a pretty powerful chocolate notion today. Unsated, sadly, but at least I won’t be giving myself a headache. Now there’s a rotten deal--headaches from too much chocolate.

Remarkably, Ellen and Fred are moved in (unpacked boxes notwithstanding) and we did nothing more strenuous than transport a tupperware of baked apples. Ellen does not, she has suggested, appreciate her 70’s era kitchen cabinetry. Or is it 80’s? At any rate, whether the cabinet-chooser’s mind was numbed by The Brady Bunch or Three’s Company, I say just be grateful that Greg Brady’s coat (with cigarettes in the pocket) was not left hanging in your closet, and at least all four of you don’t have to sit on the same side of the dining room table. Imagine how your children might turn out if that were the case. Like Johnny Bravo or something. Not pretty. Indiana Jones, as Austin demonstrated for me, seems a much less dorky option. (Not that I’d be your go-to consultant if avoiding dorkiness were the goal.)

I’m having a funny, wistful sensation every time a bright and clever therapist (PT, Speech, Occupational, Nurse,) works on my dad during his current hospitalization. I admire people who do intelligent and useful things. I really do.

Here is cool discovery of the week: With Ultralingua Spanish-English and French-English dictionaries installed on your Palm Centro, you can not only read Les Mis more easily (well, the Spanish doesn't help here,) you can also conjugate verbs on demand. I'm so geeking out on this.

So, kitties are more likely to be allergic to fish than venison and rabbit, the vet tells me. Now she tells me, that is. Chessie, the tubby old diva, will be the beneficiary of the herring and mackerel food surplus when we go back to Crunchies pet food store tomorrow and seek out Thumper kibbles and Bambi-in-a-can for Little Itch, aka Hazel.

No comments: