Wednesday, October 15, 2008

C'est la vie

Gabe took PSATs today. This will be a curiosity. I could not imagine how it would go. His report: He finished an hour before most of the class then took a nap. As to how he thinks he did: He thinks he did fine. No scholarship, he predicts...he thinks he performed averagely. We’ll see. I’ve been wondering for years how these standardized test experiences would turn out.

I’m back to trudging through a bit of Rosetta Stone Latin American Español. It’s a boring program, really, but I need to keep my Spanish synapses in balance in that I’m also presently reading Les Misérables en français. ‘Tis true that the version is abridged. I mean to check Cliff notes online and see just how much I’m missing. Aggravating it is to leave any out at all, but...en français...the struggle is enough and the pace slow as it is.

I like bags. I like reusable grocery bags, IKEA shopping bags, Gecko Traders rice and fish feed bags. I just like bags.


Walking through life with you, ma'am, has been a very gracious thing. (Errol Flynn as General Custer to Olivia DeHavilland as Mrs. Custer in They Died With Their Boots On.)

How could you not do right by anyone upon whose heart that sentiment is etched for you?

No comments: