Friday, February 01, 2008

aargh, and just aargh.

I’m not sure why I’m feeling so half-crazy about having effectively put the kibosh on Jeff’s career as a driver. Because I didn’t exactly sort of mean to do that, exactly. (As Olivia used to say at around age 4: “I wasn’t gonna mean to.”)

But since I, with more or less honest intent, let slip to the insurance company our situation, by way of trying to extract an explanation of the insurance implications in a theoretical context...well, les jeux sont faits.

And if I could flutter up above my particular family situation and make a judgment as a perfectly impartial consultant, I think I would have had to recommend to myself the exact course of action I took. In fact, I would not have even advised the flimsy attempt to be theoretical about it.

I do think Jeff’s condition has had a markedly bizarre effect on his driving which he, for the most part, seems unaware of. But who wants to keep putting the screws on? Not I. It’s just my job. I don’t think the roads of Maryland (or anywhere else) need an unnecessary erratic element in the mix.

A form will come soon, requesting some sort of medical person’s aye or nay, and if it didn’t come soon, it would have come in September when Jeff’s license comes up for renewal.

But I wasn’t gonna mean to.

2 comments:

Rachel Clement said...

awww :(
well, he can take more walks. go for field trips to quizno's, and squisito's, and other walking sorts of places. those are his favorite. especially walking his daughter back from be beep.

Emily said...

yea verily