Monday, July 02, 2007

I love this



At the moment my mac’s desktop wallpaper features a teardrop travel trailer by Camp-Inn of Necedah, Wisconsin. I want one, you see.

People think I’m a little crazy. “Where’s the bathroom?” they ask. “Where’s the shower?” Jeff says, “does that thing have air conditioning?” (Answer: If you buy a special ac unit for it. Or you can opt for the ceiling fan/vent.)

Now I’m not supposing that just everyone would relish the notion of hitching one of these cuties to the back of her Subaru and hitting the blue highways, but I do. Oh, in case you didn’t know, it has a queen-size bed in the main compartment, built in birch cabinets, and then--around the back--once you pop up the hood, is your traveling kitchen. I’d plan on tossing a couple of pop-up chairs, a shade, and a folding table into the back of the Soobie, and I’d be ready to roll.

The shower, you see, is conveniently located at the campground, so you would want a nice thorough ready reference to good camp parks en route. The other place the shower is located is in the occasional hotel when you’d decided to splurge for the night and stay at the cute historic inn in town.

Many afficionados, as I understand it, get a kit, or directions, and make one of these things themselves. But I do not know that I will ever want to make my own dwelling, of any sort, again. I’ve pretty much gotten that out of my system, so when it’s time for my trip to Necedah, I will be buying my teardrop pre-made and pre-outfitted with all the niceties that I want.

Do not ask when this trip to Necedah will take place. The answer to that question is as nebulous as the answer to this one: When will you sell a book and actually start making money Em? Answer: When the time is right.

2 comments:

Dublin Dave said...

Where is Necedah?

Emily said...

Mid to southeastern Wisconsin, if I'm not mistaken, somewhat south of the Great Lakes.