Sunday, April 01, 2012

The Wonder Games.

It is on my schedule to meet some folks at the mall early tonight to see The Hunger Games. At this moment, I intend to go. Since Jeff went crazy on Friday morning, he’s been at Baltimore Washington Medical Center for...a medication adjustment, I guess you’d call it. It just is not a stint that feels like it’s being overseen by any medically authoritative practitioner, so I might characterize it more as: Time away from Sunrise in the hopes that a quadrupling of Seroquel will make Jeff into someone who can live there without episodic eruptions of his wanting to put furniture through the windows or use wrestling moves on people trying to calm him down.

Ok. He had a hospital-provided sitter here in room 599, 5th floor West until 2 hours ago. Apparently, no facility, including Sunrise, will take him back until he’s been “sitter free” for 24 hours. Ostensibly, if nothing horrible happens, this could mean he will be discharged tomorrow.

I don’t know if I have an opinion about that. I do have plenty of confusion about that. Since arriving here at 9:30 on Friday morning he has remained tranquil, if delusional and completely disoriented. Thing is, nothing happens on Saturday and Sunday. I presume that tomorrow, Monday, I’ll be able to re-establish some form of contact with the neurologist and the nurse at Sunrise to discuss whether those parties have agreed on whether Jeff’s new medication regimen has the stamp of approval or not.

Personally, I don’t know how you can feel sure. I guess you can’t, in any 100% kind of way.

No comments: