Thursday, September 22, 2011

Does Braco have a gazing ball in his garden?

Am I procrastinating? Oh yes, I am. It is Thursday, writing time, and I am in Whole Foods having a cup of Allegro Breakfast Blend. I have picked up a copy of Pathways, a large (twice the size of a typical journal—I know there’s a name for that...tabloid?) publication which promotes such things as “mind, body, spirit and environmental resources” in the Washington D.C. area.

I usually like minds, bodies, spirits and the environment, so I picked it up to see what I might find. Leading off is “The Herb Corner,” in which an herbalist names his ten most incredible herbal products. I am sold. I definitely need to get myself some triphala to ease digestion, and while I’m here I might look for a product called “I Sleep Soundly” which could be useful in the area of releasing tension before bed.

Now I am scanning the rear of the magazine, hoping to find an ad for “Grannies Who Love to Come to Your House and Stay With Your Husband While You Go To a Movie.” I don’t find it. Instead, I find a full-page advertisement for an appearance at a D.C. hotel by Braco. Who is Braco?

At first glance, Braco is a kindly looking 50-something with a really weird mullet. He is from Croatia. From what I can glean, one shows up and, for $8, experiences a “gazing session” with a ballroom of other gazees. Braco does not speak in public. Apparently, his gaze is sufficient. Actually, if you follow the fine print, his gaze is more than sufficient and is not recommended for visitors under 18 as “the energy could overburden children.” And pregnant women. But it is recommended that you bring their photo. I guess that if Braco gazes at a photo of your loved one, the photo assimilates his power, a la Harry Potter, and forwards it to the proper address.


1 comment:

Ellen said...

I'm a granny who is more than willing for you to drop Jeff off while you go to a movie.