Friday, June 10, 2011

Miss Nancy

Today, I am speaking like Miss Nancy from Romper Room. Actually, I probably speak like Miss Nancy rather often these days. I am going down (pause) stairs. If you want to watch t.v. with me later, you should come downstairs too! (smile)

The truth is though, you want to run Miss Nancy over with a truck, even if she’s the easiest person for you to understand. My human guidance system, meanwhile, is almost totally hands-on these days. Sometimes I take peoples’ hand. Sometimes an elbow or arm. Sometimes this is not a welcome bit of help. Like today, when we got out of the car at the hardware store. Jerked that arm right free. Sometime it is clear when you’re not being given full clearance as “competent human.”

I don’t want to be Miss Nancy or a jerk, so I think I am tiring of taking the class on excursions. Any place. Because verbal directions are about as useful as guiding a missile with chopsticks. This is not safe in parking lots. This isn’t really too safe anywhere that isn’t a wide open field. Anyway, I am bored with being Miss Nancy. I don’t even like her very much.

1 comment:

Jane L. said...

Ahh, thanks to your description, I now know who I am.