Monday, July 20, 2009

books with feet

I am working on my booksite. That is to say, an author web page on which I can put links to eBooks, hard copies, and (the only deal that I can really recommend) free online editions, by the chapter.

Still, I don’t care what they say about WordPress being “easy to use.” They are assuming a level of familiarity with FTP clients, cloud hosting, CSS, and RSS, and I don’t know what all, that I for one lacked.

But now I have WordPress for Dummies, and a little vacation time. The only danger is that all Dummies books look approximately the same, which means that the risk of my book walking off with Jeff, who is always on the lookout for his misplaced Accounting for Dummies is at about code orange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A suggestion about your specific "Dummies" book -- take a piece of heavy paper, of some completely different color, and glue it carefully and completely on top of the book cover. Print the name in large letters (so you can find it easily) but, again, in a completely different style.

It won't look to him like every other Dummies book. I suggest hot pink . . . men don't seem to like that.

The reason I was able to think of this? Because it's not my problem. I've noticed it's much easier to solve someone else's...