Tuesday, November 18, 2008

not an owl

Night may forever be a mystery to me. Other people love it. They want to dress up, go dancing, socialize, have meetings, expend energy. But, when it gets past 7 p.m., the thing is, I have none to expend.

I don’t suppose there’s any evidence that it will ever be otherwise for me. A person or so told me I was nuts for having my wedding--24 years ago--at 10 a.m., so that brunch could be served. Nuts, maybe, but me...yes.

It’s not that I dislike p.m. hours. They can be just fine, and I can be perfectly happy within them...provided I don’t have to go anywhere, do anything, or think much.

Well, this will be interesting, come January, when Gabe and I take Japanese from 7 to 8:15 p.m. I hope I will manage. I remember many years ago, before I had children, taking a ceramics class at the Community College and dropping out because it went until 10, and my brain had shut down for the night about half-way through the allotted time.

I do not think I could change this by a deliberate alteration of my sleep/wake pattern. Must be the Franklin, as in Ben, genes at work.

1 comment:

Rachel Clement said...

hahahaha. i inherited them, methinks. you taking japanese!!! me 'anna!!
and 8:15 is not so late... i had a 6-8 class once and it was sometimes sleepy, but not impossible to get through. i did okay.