Tuesday, November 14, 2006

no wedgies

Why would a little wandering peaceful feeling settle around you all of a sudden, unprovoked? I don’t know, but I wouldn’t give it a wedgie.

I’m sure it’s partly because of a plan--a plan that seems, maybe, workable. Sell School St., sell Oyster Catcher Ct., sell West St., keep Otterbein and East West. Ok, ok, I know that probably doesn’t quell any of your demons, but mine are somewhat placated, and I’m ok with that.

(Excuse me, I have to go put on the next Gregg Hansen cd. Kind of a Charlie Byrd vibe with a slight hippie edge. Did it.)

Jeff did something today. He got some vegetation clippers and cleared a whole bunch of overgrowth away from the driveway. Then he crashed, fully and utterly, in front of a History channel program on adhesives. He said, upon recovery, “I was feeling so normal this morning...and then I just crashed.” “You know,” sez I, “what a positive sign this morning burst of energy is? Crashing afterwards was ok.” (In other words, don’t give it a wedgie.) I think we’ve got the spirochetes on the run. They may leave some post-apocalyptic destruction in their wake, but they’re on the run.

Here’s what I’ve been trying to do--talk myself into the idea that I want to live in Severna Park forever and ever. The problem is, I really like Eastport. And Murray Hill in Annapolis, but maybe especially Eastport. And then there’s the disturbing new trend of my admiring Federal Hill in Baltimore. Particularly the Riverside Park area. If you don’t know why, then you’ve never been on a third floor deck looking out at the city lights and the Domino Sugar sign. Well, we’ve got a year and a half of Olivia in the S.P. public school system, and then...I don’t know, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Speaking of Olivia and a year and a half--she’s not exactly burning rubber in her pursuit of colleges she’d like to visit. This would be a good time for me to pay a call to PrincetonReview.com and generate a default list of schools on her behalf. Then I’ll study Spanish. I don’t know about you, but I think the verb querer has a few too many funky forms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, it does. querria que la palabra no cambie