Sunday, January 15, 2006

making a hat.

I’ve given up on the sweater I started a couple years ago. Too big, too complicated, and I don’t like the pattern that much anyway. But the urge to knit still kicks in occasionally. So I’m taking the same yarn, and making a hat. I’m on row 8, counting...knit...purl...knit...purl, 2, 3, 4...knit...

Jeff: Where’s the normal remote?

Me:...purl...knit...I don’t know. Under furniture.

Olivia: Use the silver one! Should I take keyboarding or marine biology?

Me: ...knit, 2, 3, 4...It doesn’t matter. Whichever you want.

Gabe: Look at all the salsa recipes I downloaded!

Me: ...purl...

Olivia: Gabe! you can’t waste all that paper!

Jeff: I don’t know where the buttons are on this remote.

Becca: Mom, want to buy me this stuff from Athleta?

Me: ...purl...knit...why do you need 15 salsa recipes?

Jeff: Does anyone know where the normal remote is?

Olivia: What do you think I should take?

Me: ...knit, 2, 3, 4...it doesn’t matter, you’ve covered all your academic requirements, right?

Gabe:...peach salsa, mango salsa, tropical salsa, apple salsa...

Olivia: You hate me?

Me: ...knit...purl...not that I know of...

Jeff: This remote doesn’t work.

Dog: ARF!

Me: ...purl...knit...somebody wanna let the dog in?

Becca: Mom! Gabe has me in a headlock!

Jeff: What happens to the normal remotes anyway?

Olivia: Gabe! Pick up your papers!

Dog: WOOF!

Me: ...knit...come in, hurry up...purl..

Door: SLAM

Gabe: How do I make the printer stop printing copies of mango salsa?

Jeff: How does anybody use the tv without the remote?

Olivia: Fine! I’ll just take stupid keyboarding since you hate me!

This pattern on this hat could be weird.

No comments: