Saturday, November 12, 2005

Clements' EZ Park

There’s a small sedan blocking our front walkway and paperbox today. While I appreciate that the guests at the neighbor kid’s beer blast didn’t encroach on our yard, being three feet into the road makes the car an easy target for sideswipes. And as our entire front footage was parked in last night, I’ve been mighty tempted to re-institute our “Welcome to EZ Park--25cents/hour for pretty cars, 75cents/hour for ugly cars” tickets. (Plus, these guys should be charged extra for Jeff picking up their empty Bud Light cans.) I think it’s that we’re the people on the block least likely to get petty about sacrificing our border to other people’s parties. And I don’t want to be petty, but I’ve been trying to think of a humorous way to suggest that they might not want to leave the car there all weekend.

No comments: