Thursday, February 24, 2005

Twist & Shout. Or Croak.

Two microphone Karaoke Revolution is the biggest pile of fun I’ve had with my kids all month. It’s true that not a one of us would make it through the first turnstile at American Idol. It’s also true that my pathetically obstructed larynx is hardly a pleasure to listen to. But I can consistently hit and sustain pitches, and frankly, that’s all the game really cares about.

True enough though, that the girls squeak by me in the “Oops I did it again” sing off, but don’t even try to outdo me when I’m being a Mama in “California Dreaming,” or blowing Sonny out of the water in “I Got You Babe.”

But they’re not impressed. They know they need only fire up the B-52’s “Love Shack,” and those notes will be like wet soap in my grip.

No comments: